After moving to Leesburg, I was introduced to some great Amish stores in Nappanee and Shipshewana. My favorite store in the whole world is now RENTOWN located in wonderful Nappanee, IN. I go there twice a month now to stock up on my cheese, butter, ham, etc... I buy blocks of cheese for 1.39 to 1.49 a pound, ham for 1.69 a pound, and butter for 1.29 a pound. They do have the best cheese ever too, I might add! Then I come home, pull out my trusty food processer, and shred all my cheese, slice some for sandwiches, cut some into sticks for string cheese for ALL of the girls to snack on, freeze what isn't needed right away, then take a big breath for all of my accomplishments! I also go to a scratch & dent store called Pine Hills that carries much at huge discounts. My favorite purchase is my Starbucks coffee for $3.60 a bag!!! Proverbs 31:14 She is like the merchant's ships; she bringeth her food from afar.

3 comments:
=) it is the best cheese.
FYI, to all of you who haven't heard of this place.. RENTOWN is pronounced Ren-town, not rent-own. When I read this today it came to me that some may think it is a rent-to-own store. Haha!
I was wondering, Courtney. :) Of course, when I saw it was cheese, ham, butter, etc. I knew it wasn't a rent-to-own place! :)
Sounds like a great place, Shelley. We should make a trip up sometime!
This sounds like a great place to go!
Post a Comment