Friday, November 14, 2008

Inconsistent Shelley: A Blog of Catch Up (lots of nothing really)

I've hard a very hard time being consistent with my blogging efforts. I have been consumed lately with trying to home school Kennedi & Kaylee, trying to put in 3 to 4 hours daily working, making 3 meals everyday, and all the other stuff that piles up in a homeschooling abode. Being home as much as we are certainly requires more attention to chores. And as of late, with my schedule, the Lord is using my work demand to instill very good habits in both Kennedi & Kaylee. They have been troopers, helping around the house. And it would be an oversight on my part not to mention to you that they usually have very good attitudes about the demands on them. They are learning the importance of being team members in our family and enjoy the praise received by all of us when they put forth such great effort with such willing hearts! Since we have moved it seems yet another change or two has taken place in our lives. We have started homeschooling using much of the Ambleside Online curriculum (aka Charloette Mason). If you aren't familiar with this website you must acquaint yourself. We are able to find many resources online and are enjoying learning about Earthquakes and Christopher Columbus right now. We have also started attending a church at Winona Lake in Warsaw. We have been growing used to our new church home and we are especially growing to love our new church family. We certainly miss all of our friends in Logansport but look forward to seeing you again soon (this weekend actually). Charlie's job is going good, his boss is a good man who desires to see Charlie grow with him and be a long term part of his business. Courtney and Ava are great! It's a huge blessing to have them in our home (in their home), we have a sweet family and we are all blessed to have each other. We are all continuing to grow in Christ, leaning on Him especially in this seemingly new land. We are looking forward to Thanksgiving and Christmas in our new home, hoping to spend this special time with friends & family. Who knows when I'll be back again....

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

Wow! I thought you had fallen off the face of the earth, never to return! Welcome back to the blog world! I enjoyed the catch-up.

Amanda said...

At least you arn't as bad as I am. LOL
It was so good to see you all yesterday, I have missed you SOOO.. much.

AboveAllRubies said...

thanks for the update. i was wondering what happened.

:)