September 11th brought 8 new lives into the Koozer home. Our 5 year old beagle, Libby, had 8 puppies! We noticed the week after we moved in that she was filling out a lot more than usual. But we've had 1 or 2 false alarms before so we didn't get too alarmed right away. But then she kept growing, and growing! And finally the puppies arrived. Kennedi had her dearest friend, Vanessa here to stay the night. The 2 of them stayed up all night long like any "devoted" dog owner might at the certainty of labor signs. I'm not such a dog owner. I didn't want puppies and struggle having animals in my home at all! Kennedi came running into our room at 5 am, after flipping the hall light on, to inform Kaylee, who slumbered with mom and dad that night, that Libby was having her puppies. All Charlie had to say was, "turn the hall light off!" When we are sleeping it's hard to get us excited about much of anything! Kaylee flew out of bed while I mozied, went for my usual java, and Bible. Sat to sip and read, when up came Kaylee so excited to announce birth number 1, and then, 2, and so on. By noon Libby had 6 puppies! She came up for some food and a trip outside, and then back to her parental responsibilities. By 2:00 it was announced that number 7 was here and a few minutes later 8. A real "101 Dalmations" kind of day it was. We are grateful that the numbers didn't grow anymore as small dogs are good at having large litters! Oh yes, would you like a puppy??? We must find them homes!
Shelley's Avon Site
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
You are such a good blogger, haha! You crack me up. I even knew the story but you made it seem more fun to me than it really was!
P.S. I could be wrong but it looks like all THREE of them are fake sleepers! It appears as though each of them have smiles! :)
Puppies, puppies! Yikes! That would be hard to deal with for a person who doesn't care for animals all that much. (like me) :)
I am sure you will enjoy their cuteness for a little while. :)
I can so see Kaylee and Kennedi doting over every one of those pups. Such sweet girls. I know they are enjoying the excitement of a litter of adorable pups. Love you.
You're right Kortnva, Mom makes her blogs sound fun and interesting. And....Rhonda, you are right too....puppies are so...cute...our neighbors here went to purchase one (1) Retriever and came home with two...they use to be really cute when they were puppies, now they stand fence high on their hind quarters and look me straight in the face to say hello. Have fun with all those four legged, furry friends. Love ya. Mom
Post a Comment