Thursday, August 14, 2008

Packed and Ready to Go!!!

It's been a very long, hard week at our house. I managed to pack this whole place up, clean things that were well overdue for cleaning, and I think I might still have enough energy to finish this huge task! Courtney has been a huge blessing to me, not a help though as Ava doesn't find that acceptable, but Courtney has been such an encouragement when I get frustrated, she is great at helping me see the whole picture and not over reacting! God has been so good to do the things He has in her life! How my daughter has changed. Kennedi & Kaylee have just enjoyed not having Mom dictate to them, so they have watched movies, hung out with friends, went to the reservoir, helped their big sister with their niece, and patiently waited for the end of this week. Tomorrow is the beginning of the truck loading and if all goes as planned most of the boxes will be in place and ready for the big stuff to load Saturday. We look forward to spending our 1st night in our new home. It will be a sweet thing having all of my daughters make this transition with us. Our family unity is much different now and it's a huge blessing to enjoy one another as much as we do! Praise God for His work!

3 comments:

AboveAllRubies said...

Yes, he has changed me so. So much that I have become a HUGE sap! I just cried reading this. Mommyhood makes one very emotional - in a good way. :) I am so glad to have you as my mommy. You help me to see the whole picture, too! Isn't it funny how we can have our eyes so closed until someone else is in that situation, then all of a sudden we know how to help?! Why can't we ALWAYS do this for ourselves, too? Just another mystery that I guess God doesn't want us to know the answer to just yet. ;) I love you and can't wait to make this new journey with you and the rest of my very loved familiy!

AboveAllRubies said...

P.S. Ava says she is sorry she won't let her mommy help you pack. :( At least she is letting her mommy pack her things so she can come along! :D

And now her mommy is going to bed because Ava fell asleep telling you about this.

Rhonda said...

Moving is such hard work! That is why when I was little I always said I wanted to marry a farmer or a rancher. They don't move! They pretty much always stay in the same place. Of course, I have changed my mind now. I like to travel way too much to want to marry someone as tied to one place as that.
I am so glad you are almost through packing!