Monday, July 21, 2008

Somethin' Smacked Us With a Tree Today!

We had a very windy morning here at our house. So much so that we now have a couple of very large tree branches resting on our house (I prefer to call them trunks as the rear of them are very big!). So I thought those who follow our lives would want to hear about it. God's people have been so kind to us today. Our pastor (Bob) and his son (Johnathon) had both put themselves together this morning to come to our rescue. Then after a contractor showed up to look at the house I called them to tell them to stay put as a bucket truck was coming to clean things up. Then Bob S (his last name is too hard for me to spell) and my sis-in-law (Bob S's daughter) Michelle came to check on us. Thanks all of you for caring!!! But praise God none of us are injured. Though Courtney did change a new shade of white this morning as she and Ava came barrelling down the stairs. All of our hearts have quit palpating and we are okay!

8 comments:

Rhonda said...

I am sure that was very scary! I am thankful none of you were hurt!

I think I finally learned to spell "Sucharski". Is that right Michelle???? Pronouncing it is an other problem. :)

AboveAllRubies said...

I think it is szucharski but I could be wrong! For some reason I thought there was a "z" in there!

For all I know it could be Sfjd;lafjdsski. Haha.

Rhonda said...

It could be, Courtney. I rarely argue spelling with anyone. I have never been good at it! :)

Rhonda said...

BTW, while we are discussing the spelling of names... Jonathan is spelled without an H. At least our Jonathan is and most others. I have seen it with an H at times. :)

Chelle said...

You ladies are just to much, you all gave me a giggle. Rhonda is the winner with the spelling of my maiden last name as Sucharski. It really is not to hard to pronounce, the c is silent. But my dad still pronounces it wrong. My grandpa is the one who corrected me. Hee Hee. Love you all.

Rhonda said...

OK! Now I have to find out if I am pronouncing it right. I say "Sue-har-ski" I will have to say it for you some time and see if it is right. Probably not because your dad pronounced it for my dad and so it might be all messed up by the time it got to me. :)

Shelley said...

Can any of you spell supercalafragelisticepsialigostis??? or ever pronounce that one??? My silly friends/family!

Rhonda said...

Isn't it so funny how a post will be on one topic and the comment thread will be something totally different!