Tuesday, June 24, 2008

4-H Week with Kennedi

We are nearly half way through our 4-H week. I was so anxious to see it come to an end because I was tiring so much from all of the preparations last week, and now I find myself rather sad to see it arrive. I've had such a busy week with running back and forth to the fairgrounds, not being able to stay up on house work, meals, and laundry (not to mention having to leave Courtney and Ava home alone). Though my busyness is minuscule in comparison to what I am seeing others pull off. But I am grateful that I have been able to catch many moments of reprieve. Yesterday I read through 2 very long chapters in a book and it was so nice to sit under a big tree with a gentle breeze, reading, and watching the girls in the arena on their horses.
Kennedi is so excited for competition as she will be doing barrel , poles, trail riding, showmanship, halter, and anything else she has scheduled that has slipped my mind. She wants to be at the barn from the crack of dawn (though the earliest we've arrived so far was 10 am) and wants to stay late in the evening (though the latest we've stayed has been 6:30). I will update you when the week comes to an end as to how she does in competition.
We are so grateful that God has brought this family and this opportunity into our lives. I've talked to so many people this week that say how their children would just love to have a horse, and I have been able to encourage them to look into leasing as it has been a great experience for all of us. Some thought it would show her how much work a horse is and possibly take away a bit of her enthusiasm. Quite the contrary, she is a girl with a true passion, one who will clean a dirty stall all day if she can stand by a horse, any horse! I love watching her with animals, she has even given me a new love for them! It is amazing how God uses simple things in life, such as a 4-H fair and the love a child has for something, to change our perspective. Its been a blessed week indeed!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Hey! It sounds like you are having fun, I hope that Kennedi does well.