I just wanted to make a post about the wonderful man I am married to. Charlie is truly the hardest working person I know. His heart so desires to find a better paying job, one that will allow him to be home more with his family and have financial freedoms that we don't have right now. Though I truly believe that God has been using this journey of ours to teach me frugality. I am learning more all the time about ways to cut corners. Even today I was making a new dress, working on Kaylee's quilt, and I found an old throw rug that I decided to cut in half to make into 2 rugs for the bathroom as step rugs after showering (we've always just used towels). I have become more aware of food preparation and the the cost effectiveness of making things from scratch as much as possible. I don't know when the last time I bought a boxed meal was (excluding taco shells). And with Courtney home now, I see her interest in being frugal too. She has become a good saver of her money in the past couple of years. Anyway, back to Charlie...I am so grateful for all he does for all of us. He has been painting at nights and on the weekends without ceasing for the past 3 weeks. And though we miss him around here, we appreciate his diligence. For those of you reading my blog I ask that you might pray for him when the Lord puts him on your heart. He really needs to get out of the atmosphere of the State Hospital and all of the things that he has to see in a days time there. But no matter how God answers our prayers about Charlie's job, we have learned patience and contentment in our circumstances. I don't think I would change my life much if I could, I am grateful for just where God has me and our family for now. Praise Him for the work He has done in me!Shelley's Avon Site
Friday, May 23, 2008
My Hubby
I just wanted to make a post about the wonderful man I am married to. Charlie is truly the hardest working person I know. His heart so desires to find a better paying job, one that will allow him to be home more with his family and have financial freedoms that we don't have right now. Though I truly believe that God has been using this journey of ours to teach me frugality. I am learning more all the time about ways to cut corners. Even today I was making a new dress, working on Kaylee's quilt, and I found an old throw rug that I decided to cut in half to make into 2 rugs for the bathroom as step rugs after showering (we've always just used towels). I have become more aware of food preparation and the the cost effectiveness of making things from scratch as much as possible. I don't know when the last time I bought a boxed meal was (excluding taco shells). And with Courtney home now, I see her interest in being frugal too. She has become a good saver of her money in the past couple of years. Anyway, back to Charlie...I am so grateful for all he does for all of us. He has been painting at nights and on the weekends without ceasing for the past 3 weeks. And though we miss him around here, we appreciate his diligence. For those of you reading my blog I ask that you might pray for him when the Lord puts him on your heart. He really needs to get out of the atmosphere of the State Hospital and all of the things that he has to see in a days time there. But no matter how God answers our prayers about Charlie's job, we have learned patience and contentment in our circumstances. I don't think I would change my life much if I could, I am grateful for just where God has me and our family for now. Praise Him for the work He has done in me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Thank you, Dad, for all the blessings you bring to our lives. Thank you for the home you have welcomed us in. Thank you for the roof you shield us with. Thank you for the food you buy. Thank you for the guidance you offer, and most of all, thank you for the love you give. Thank you, too, for the example you set as to what kind of dedication we must have in our lives. And one final thank you... thank you from the bottom of my heart for allowing Ava and I to live with you despite all the challenges I have brought to this family in the past... ok and one more thanks.. for allowing Ava to still have a man in her life on a daily basis - a man who loves our Lord. Through you and your leadership - as the leader of this house - I believe she has an even better shot at growing into the Godly young woman she is to become. You are an excellent father and I look up to you more than you know. I pray that the Lord will bless me with a husband like my father! I love you! And so does your adoring granddaughter! <3
Shelley, What a sweet post. Courtney's comment made me cry.
Love you, my friend,
Rhonda
I forgot to type in the word verification. Silly me! I'm still not use to catching all the computer details.
My thoughts on your sweet blog regarding your "Hubby" was wrapped up in a thought about women who are married, divorced, single or about to be married. The way you lift up Charlie to our Father asking for guidance, prayer from others and keeping your heart clean not only for Christ but for your family makes me cry. I'm so blessed to have you in my life. Mom
Post a Comment