Saturday, April 26, 2008

Kennedi's First Year in 4-H

We are so thankful for the opportunity Kennedi has in 4-H this year. Anyone who knows her is quite familiar with her passion for horses. We decided last winter to plan on becoming 4-H members. We went in expecting Kennedi to do genealogy and dogs. Then in February I started wondering if doing horses was possible if you didn't own a horse. Of course I nearly dismissed the idea as it seemed like a "no-brainer." But being inquisitive as I am, and considering I teach my children that no question is a dumb question, I started investigating. To my surprise I not only found out that it was possible, but when I called the lady who leads all the horse club meetings she told me that her family might have a horse they would be willing to lease to a young 4-H'er. So we began praying and anticipated the day that we could finally meet this family. All went as we hoped and Kennedi is the proud lease owner of Buddy, a 19 year old quarter horse. She loves him and loves spending time with him. This family has a 15 year old daughter who has taken Kennedi under her wing and is such a blessing! We will keep you updated as we move forward with our 4-H year.

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Alicia horse projects in 4-H without a horse (I am pretty sure she did anyway). She has a horse now though.